The Regular Lindley Town Board Meeting was held January 12th, 2011at the Lindley Town Hall, 637 US 15, PO Box 62
Lindley, New York 14858.
Official Minutes held at Town Clerk’s Office
Town Board Members Present:
Richard Biggio – Town Supervisor
Gerry Simcoe – Councilman
Paul Mortzheim – Councilman
Paul Stermer – Councilman
Lloyd DeMun, II - Councilman
• Meeting was called to order by Richard Biggio at @ 7:05pm.
• Pledge to the flag completed.
• Reports were received from Town Clerk, Justice, Historian, Supervisor, and Highway Superintendent.
• Minutes of the prior meetings were accepted with clarifications. Official minutes held in the Town Clerk’s office. Richard Biggio indicated that the Line Item for Municipal Court Personal Services includes all employees in that department, by State Law. Bailiff and Court Clerk funding can be reduced, but not after the budget is passed for that current year.
Announcements by Richard Biggio - Supervisor:
1. Drug and Alcohol testing agreement is signed with the County. Cheaper to go this route, and testing is random.
2. Justice is requesting audit date of Thursday January 27th. Reports are sufficient because it shows amount collected and amount deposited. These are State reports generated by the software. If Town Board feels there is insufficient documentation, there is a disclaimer that can be included in the minutes indicating such. This is a formality of our Oath of Office and a duty we have to do. Paul M. raised the issue of two different reports for the month of November 2010 and that they don’t agree. Gerry S. addressed a concern with partial payments and the Town Board never sees that difference. Richard B. assured Town Board that money was being handled properly but that if the Town Board feels an audit cannot be done properly, the disclaimer can be utilized.
3. Received a letter from Independent Towers Holding, a wireless communications company. They are looking to lease municipal owned property to market towers for competition with existing tower owners. They may come to the town of Lindley and review property.
4. Department of Transportation Maps and Appropriations announcement. NY/PA state line to Watson Creek Rd section of the highway being appropriated per eminent domain.
5. Water well potential on Town property quite involved. May be a revenue source and worth the effort required. Reviewing web links and the DEC requirements.
Fran Tempel – regarding providing information to the town – the information on the front page of the blog would be useful for town residents. Discussion about reaching those who don’t have internet access. Bulk
mailing not available because the mailing addresses are divided among three towns (Corning, Lindley, Painted Post).
Kitty Pierce – suggested using Addison Post for information sharing and that it’s also available online.
1. Richard B. – will hold an Executive Session at the end of the meeting to continue Union negotiations.
2. The POKR grant was closed out and sent on time. The two on-demand receipts were not located and Megan will check files again for these. Paul M. will check with Mark Swan for his copies.
1. Association of Towns announcement of annual training meeting held in NYS. Interested Board members see Megan.
2. Unifirst – Dick Johnson has a quote from COYNE at a $250 savings and includes shop towels. Paul Mortzheim made the motion to contract with COYNE. Seconded by Gerry Simcoe. Roll – all present agreed.
See attached documentation
Town Board entered an Executive Session for Union discussions. Return to Regular Board meeting at 9:25pm.
Paul S. asked if the Ambulance contract was up. Richard B. had talked with Al Lewis and Mr. Lewis had said he would hold his rates for this year.
Paul M. made the motion to pay the bills. Paul S. seconded. Roll – all present agreed.
Gerry S. made the motion to adjourn the meeting. Paul Mortzheim seconded. Roll – all present agreed. Meeting adjourned.
Lindley Town Clerk