Planning Board Minutes 6 21 2010

LINDLEY TOWN PLANNING BOARD
June 21, 2010

The Regular Meeting of the Lindley Town Planning Board was called to order at 7:00 pm by Chairperson, Mary Lentzen. Members present included Pat Simcoe, Tim Shaddock, David Fuller, Pat Clark, and Fran Woodring. Four visitors were also present.

Minutes of the May 17, 2010 meeting were read. A correction of Clendenning Creek Rd. should read Clendenning Rd. (6th paragraph) was noted. A Motion to accept the Minutes as corrected was made by Tim, seconded by Fran and unanimously passed.

Minutes of the May 26, 2010 Public Hearing were read. A Motion to accept the Minutes as read was made by Pat S., seconded by Tim and passed unanimously.

Mary stated she received an inquiry from Jim Bradshaw of National Fuel about the requirements for a CUP to lease about 20 acres along the Railroad track for a staging area for piping for the gas line/drilling projects in our area. Mary noted Industrial use is technically a permitted use if it meets all the requirements. Mary will advise him that the Board needs more information and would like to talk with him.

David received an inquiry from Jim Andrews, 3941 Little Mountain Road, Jonesville, NC 28642 (336-527-0759) who would like to sub-divide his 6 acre property into 3 lots located at 1606 - 1588 River Road. Mary noted the 6-acre parcel is a non-conforming lot with two houses. None of the proposed lots meet the required 250' width and the current layout does not meet Board approval. David will call Mr. Andrews.

Fran informed the Board that Mr. Chad Wilson's assurance to the Board that he would clean up and improve the looks of his lot with the placement of a trailer by Spring to help with his wood pallet business has not happened! Mary noted the Town currently has no CEO and cannot write a ticket. Board needs to follow up.

Pat S. and Pat C. stated the Palamino Acres Horse Ranch on Browntown Rd. is in the Town of Caton.

Tim inquired whether Dick Johnson would be willing to educate the Board on Town Road conditions. Pat S. noted most of the Town Roads are dirt. Jerry Simcoe noted the Town is signed up with a coalition of road inspections to determine weight limits, etc. and will present their report to the Town Board.

Jerry S., referring to the Houston subdivision, stated the Right of Way should not name a person but go with the property. Mary will inform them.

A discussion of the Comprehensive Plan, Sections 14-18 began. The next meeting, July 19, the Board will discuss Sections 19-24.Kitty Pierce announced the next Town Historical Society meeting will by Thursday, June 24 at 7:00 pm. A Motion to adjourn was made by Fran, seconded by Tim and passed unanimously.

Respectfully submitted,


Janice Oberlander
Recording Clerk

No comments: