The Regular Lindley Town Board Meeting was held on December 8th,2009 at the Lindley Town Hall, 637 US 15, PO Box 62 Lindley, New York 14858.
Tentative Minutes until Board Approval December 30th 2009
Town Board Members Present:
Gerry Simcoe – Town Supervisor
Lloyd DeMun, II - Councilman
Fran Tempel – Councilwoman
Agenda and Announcements read by Gerry Simcoe
Delta Engineers, Architects, and Land Surveyors Handouts
Letter by Ben Johnson, Town of Tusten Town Supervisor
Meeting was called to order by Gerry Simcoe at @ 7:00pm.
Pledge to the flag completed.
Minutes read and Motion to accept minutes as read, made by Fran Tempel. Lloyd DeMun, II seconded. Roll, all agreed.
Gerry wished to thank the Board members, the Town Clerk, Dave Fuller, Dick Johnson, Kitty Pierce, Tracy Wilson, Fran Woodring, Mary Lentzen, Kathy Biggio, Brenda Criss and all those unmentioned for the help they provided during his 8 months as Town Supervisor.
Announcements:Gerry proceeded to read announcements (attached in full at Town Clerk's office).
1. Gerry indicated that he had received a call from Bacalles’s office regarding Fairview Cemetery. Gerry stated at the Board meeting that according to the Association of Cemeteries, a Town is obligated to mow only three times per year. Fairview Cemetery had been mowed more than 3 times in 2009. Gerry also indicated that the Fairview Cemetery funds transfer is almost complete. The Town was still waiting to see what portion of the $20,036.07 was available for use by the Town.(see attached notes at the Town Clerk’s office).
2. Gerry announced that he’d had a complaint from Greg Mesler about the Tyjor Gravel Pit. There is some confusion about who owns the property. This is still being looked into. (see attached notes at the Town Clerk’s office).
3. Gerry indicated that he had received a visit from J.D. Dimassimo of NYS Real Estate Group Region 6 regarding properties NYS can put up for sale. This was in reference to the Gulliver property near the Town Hall property. Gerry said that the Town would appreciate if the State would give the property to the Town. Mr. Dimassimo indicated that the State would still try to sell it and he would advise the town.
Gerry opened the meeting to a presentation by Steve Messmer of Delta Engineers, Architects and Land Surveyors. Mr. Messmer provided an overview of the Multi Municipal Task Force (MMTF) in reference to the side effects on infrastructure and how to protect it due to the possibility of the new natural gas exploration. (see handouts attached to minutes in Town Clerk’s office). Mr. Messmer indicated that if the Town of Lindley joined the MMTF, it would pay a lump sum “membership” fee and that the fee is determined by the number of towns that join, spreading the cost across each. Gerry indicated he was not comfortable progressing on this issue until a full Board was present.
Gerry raised the issue of adopting a resolution of support for the I-86/I-99 Corridor Blueprint for economic development in Southeast Steuben County. Fran Tempel made the motion to adopt the resolution. Lloyd seconded the motion. Roll, all in favor.
Fran Woodring went over the letter he and Bill Canfield wrote to Gerry regarding a meeting he attended regarding the Area Wide Transportation November 17th. (Complete letter attached to minutes at Town Clerk’s office).
1. Director of District 6 NYS DOT gave the opinion that they cannot eliminate CHIPS money from towns like Lindley given how dependent on the money the towns are.
2. Current work being done on the four lane Rt.15 is expected to be finished in the fall of 2012. The bridges phase is still unfounded.
3. Blasting on the hill behind the Town Hall is expected to start in mid-December.
4. The Welcome Center on the highway is a long way from being considered but planning will begin with NYS regarding business opportunities.
5. Jonathan Engel has promised to get a list of the state properties along Rte. 15 that could be up for sale after construction is complete.
Gerry raised the issue of the Girl Scout troop possibly getting a key to the Town Hall for their meeting on Mondays. Motion to approve made by Fran, seconded by Lloyd. Roll – all denied.
Gerry asked about getting a key to Culligan Water. Motion to ask Culligan to use Town Clerk business hours made by Fran. Seconded by Lloyd. Roll – all in favor.
Gerry raised the issue of the rent Ramsey Construction pays the Town to keep their trailer on the parking lot. Currently they pay $500.00 a month. Discussion about utilities and raising the rent to a more reasonable rate. Fran made the motion to raise rent to $1000 per month. Lloyd seconded the motion. Roll, all in favor.
Gerry began a discussion about Fairview Cemetery and burial costs. He indicated that according to the Fairview Cemetery association in the past, they had determined that a one time $35 burial fee be charged but that this had never been enforced. Gerry said that the Association of Cemeteries said the town could set the fee at anything they chose.
Fran T. asked how many plots were left. Gerry said that Dick J. has been digging the graves but has decided not to anymore. Lloyd said Bill Matteson digs graves. Lloyd gave Gerry Bill’s phone number.
Gerry said he would find out what other towns were charging for the one time burial fee.
Gerry asked for a motion to increase Tax Collector Petty Cash by $100.00 from January through March. Fran made the motion, Lloyd seconded the motion. Roll – all in favor.
Fran indicated the cost of the LCD projector would be around $549 with free shipping. Lloyd made the motion to purchase the projector. Fran seconded. Roll – all in favor.
Gerry indicate there was money available for youth groups. He had invoices for 23 children in cub scouts and a girl scout troop. Fran made the motion to grant the money. Lloyd seconded the motion. Roll – all agreed.
To A1010.4, From A1990.4 - $34.70
To A1330.4, from A1990.4 - $3.79
To A1990.4, from A 1910.4 - $3119.96
To D5120.4, from D5130.4 - $4.11
Motion to accept transfers made by Fran. Seconded by Lloyd. Roll – all agreed.
Audit meeting will be held on Wednesday the 16th at 7:00.
Year End meeting will be held the 30th at 7:00 pm.
David Ballard asked where the Community Center idea came from regarding Lindley Presho School. Gerry said numerous calls from townspeople to the School District.
Motion to pay the bills made by Fran. Seconded by Lloyd. Roll – all agreed.
Meeting adjourned at 10:00 pm.
Lindley Town Clerk