- Bids for construction of Phase 1 (first mile) were opened on March 8, 2007. Cold Spring Construction Co. of Akron, NY was the successful bidder at $16.7 million.
- Construction has begun. The contractor is bringing in equipment, clearing brush, building sediment ponds, etc.
- Utility crews have been busy relocating their facilities.
- Jeff Naylor is the NYSDOT's field representative/EIC. Jeff has an office on site.
- Scheduled completion date is November 30, 2008.
US State Route 15 - Watson Creek to Presho
- Designers are working on the design for miles 2-6. Currently refining the alignment near Morgan Creek Road to balance excavation and embankment quantities.
- Surveyors and Geotechnical crews are on the project gathering property line and soils/rock information. (For span bridge)
- Work on a portion of miles 2-6 is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2009.
Information from May 1st meeting of the Area Wide Transportation Committee.